WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who likes to move fast, guided by real-world feedback and empirical evidence. They have strong communication skills, a demonstrated interest in continuous improvement, and a genuine desire to help real-world clients solve real-world problems on significant issues.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Reporting to the CTO, you will play a leading role in ensuring the product is up to client expectations while helping protect and strengthen AKTEK’s reputation
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience with MERN Stack
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Solid knowledge of MongoDB and SQL
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Passionate about technology and social impact and building capacity for long-term sustainable solutions
OUR MISSION AND VISION
AKTEK helps its clients improve operational decision-making and strategic planning with AKTEK iO, the leading no-code, end-to-end data management software for organizations operating in complex, fast-changing environments.
The AKTEK iO platform enables organizations to create and configure their own information architecture and simplify their data collection, storage, visualization, and analysis without writing a single line of code.
AKTEK’s software is trusted by governments, NGOs, and Fortune 500 companies. It has been deployed in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, Iraq, Kenya, Libya, Lebanon, Mauritania, Mexico, Moldova, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine on issues ranging from maritime security, national defense, counter-terrorism, critical infrastructure protection, sensitive community relations management, corporate social responsibility, socio-environmental impact monitoring, human rights compliance and more.