The StoryIn early 2019, a publicly-traded Colombian construction and infrastructure development company started using our AKTEK iO platform to create a contextual intelligence system to forecast possible risks in new infrastructure development projects in complex geographies.
This company was well aware of the challenges it faced to ensure the viability of its multi-million dollar infrastructure projects.
Among its several challenges, the company faced:
- A changing political landscape and ever-more demanding environmental regulations and community expectations that generated new risks.
- Difficulties integrating contextual evidence in decision-making processes and activities across different strategical, tactical, and operational levels.
- A lack of analytical capabilities to classify and manage critical local stakeholders and establish adequate communications and engagement plans.
- Struggles to identify and select relevant data from internal repositories in multiple silos.
- Poor visibility on evolving public perceptions in the media.
Working with our risk management partners in Colombia, TRUST, this infrastructure company performed scenario planning using AKTEK iO's real-time monitors.
They also built a database of relevant stakeholder groups that could positively or negatively affect their projects thematically and geographically. Through this, they were able to identify possible allies and detractors in each territory, with critical insights into their interests and positions regarding different topics of strategic relevance.
Using the public media monitoring component of AKTEK iO, they monitored the communities' perception of the company at a local level. They followed conversations around relevant issues such as political decisions on land uses in the capital, tourism, other investments in specific regions, and more.
With the data centralized and easy to search and inquire about, decision-makers and consultants can make quick decisions based on evidence with a greater probability of success.